All Rights Reserved

Program Info and Air Personalities


I was born in Philadelphia, and even though I didn't begin to follow sports until after my family moved to Illinois when I was five, I've been a fan of Philadelphia sports teams my whole life. I owe that to my dad. I'm not sure if I should thank him, or blame him.

It was my love of sports that drew me to broadcasting. Since my on-field talent level was just slightly below major league quality, I figured calling the action would be the next best thing to being a part of the action. It just seemed like such a cool job. Whenever I would attend a professional event, in addition to watching pregame warm ups on the field, I'd always try to spot the announcers and watch what they were doing to get ready. All I could make out was a lot of paper shuffling, note taking, and scarfing of free food - all things I love to do! My sports broadcasting idol growing up was Pat Foley, announcer for the Chicago Blackhawks. On several occasions, to see if I had any ability, or desire to try this for a career, I'd sneak a cassette recorder into the old Chicago Stadium during a 'Hawks game, and do play-by-play, which was injected with Foley's various phrases and inflections.

Thinking I might actually be able to make a living out of broadcasting, I attended North Central College in Naperville. There, unlike at most other colleges, students are given the chance to work at the campus radio station as a freshman. I was on the air doing a Saturday afternoon music show less than two weeks after I started school. During my freshman year, I got the chance to call my first game. I did play-by-play for the epic showdown in women's basketball between North Central and Rust College. During my time at NCC, I served as sports director for two years, was the football, basketball, and baseball voice for the team, and helped our station win several Marconi Awards. As my college career was winding down, a friend of mine mentioned that a new station was signing on in Morris. He suggested I give them a call, and a few weeks later, I got a job at the new WJDK as the play-by-play announcer for Morris Redskin sports. Our coverage of Morris Lady Redskin basketball won a Silver Dome Award in 1997.

In 1996, I was handed the reins to the WJDK morning show. After getting into radio for the chance to do sports play-by-play, I had the most fun doing the show each day. I hope the listeners enjoyed it as much as I did. Currently, I'm doing the morning show on our sister station, 107.1 FM, WSPY on Mondays and Tuesdays, while providing daily sportscasts on WCSJ and WJDK. I'm also the voice of Morris Redskin sports, and I serve as production director at WJDK/WCSJ. I was asked to take over custodial duties as well, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I met my wife when we were both sophomores in college. We weren't married at the time, mind you. That came a few years later. We've been married since 1995, and we have two beautiful daughters, Megan and Sarah.

My two biggest fans are my parents, who remain my biggest fans, even though they live outside of our broadcast range. Although, maybe that's what's allowed them to remain fans for so long! They are the two most caring, selfless, and supportive people I've ever known.

I have one brother, who is 10 years younger than me. Although he is a better golfer, I am taller. Thanks to our parents, we share the same sense of humor, and similar love of Philadelphia sports teams. We've always been a tight family that gets along well. Anytime we get together, it's plenty of laughs, good times, and Seinfeld references.

In addition to following moderately successful, but ultimately disappointing Philly sports teams, I love to golf, play the drums, and watch (way too much) television.