219 W. Washington Street
One Broadcast Center
Plano IL 60545-2100
Contest Lines: 815-941-1550
News: 815-941-1000 x 109
News/Sports/Trading Post Fax: 815-941-9000
Birthday and Anniversary: BirthdayClub@NelsonMultimedia.net
The Trading Post: TheTradingPost@NelsonMultimedia.net
Nelson Publishing, Inc.:
WCSJ Production: WCSJ-Production@NelsonMultimedia.net
Career Opportunities: WCSJCareers@gmail.com
Sales Manager: Lee Ann Oliver - LeeAnn.Oliver@NelsonMultimedia.com
The History of WCSJ FM 103.1 WCSJ first went
on the air as 1550 am in 1964 and was owned by Mr. and Mrs.
Russell Armentrout of Louisiana, Missouri. Grundy County Broadcasters
purchased the station in 1966 and in the mid 1970s combined
it with WRMI FM 104.7. Grundy Communications purchased the
stations in 1976 and moved them to the third floor of the
Baum Building in 1983.
November 1986, the two stations were purchased by Midwest
Broadcasting. The WCSJ-FM call letters were replaced with
WUEZ FM, WCSJ AM remained the same. In December 1989, the
two stations were again sold, this time to Media Management
Group, who moved the studios to the Business and Tech Center
on Route 47 in Morris. In 1990, WUEZ FM became WCFL FM. Four
years later, in 1994, the am frequency, WCSJ 1550 was sold
out of bankruptcy court to Diane Root and Jeannine Evenson
with the station moved again to its current location at 219
W. Washington Street downtown Morris where it shares offices
and studios with WJDK FM 95.7.
August 1997, WCSJ 1550am was sold to Larry and Pam Nelson.
At the same time, the Nelsons put the FM 95.7 frequency on
the air and brought back the WJDK call letters.
few years later, the Nelsons purchased the original FM 103.1
frequency out of bankruptcy, changed the call letters to WCSJ-FM
and began simulcasting both AM 1550 and FM 103.1 as WCSJ AM
and FM. The studios and offices for all the stations remain
at 219 W. Washington Street in downtown Morris.